The Competition Advisory Group (CAG) have met to discuss how the finals series for 2022 will run.
With the exciting news that Adelaide will host a double-header test match with the Wallaroos playing the Silver Ferns followed by the Wallabies and Springbok on the 27th of August, South Australian Rugby Union will have a bye with no local competition games scheduled.
We are waiting on information regarding ticket sales, but it has been estimated that they will go on sale in June. All registered individuals through Rugby Xplorer will receive pre-sale information directly.
Two options were presented to the CAG – either a two-week finals series in the seniors or a three-week finals series. Junior finals will remain with having a two-week final series.
With 11 voting clubs, the outcome was 6 votes to 5 in favour of keeping a 3-week finals series
- Adelaide University – 2 weeks
- Barossa – 3 weeks
- Brighton – 3 weeks
- Burnside – 2 weeks
- Elizabeth – 3 weeks
- North Torrens – 2 weeks
- Old Collegians – 2 weeks
- Onkaparinga – 3 weeks
- Port Adelaide – 3 weeks
- Southern Suburbs – 3 weeks
- Woodville – 2 weeks
The key dates for the end of the season will be:
- August 20 - Round 18 (last minor round for all grades in the 2022 season)
- August 27 - BYE for community rugby (Wallabies/Wallaroos double header at Adelaide Oval)
- September 3 + 4 - Week 1 of Finals
- Junior eliminations (1 v 4 on Saturday, 2 v 3 on Sunday)
- Senior qualifiers and eliminations (1 v 2 on Saturday, 3 v 4 on Sunday)
- September 10 + 11 = Week 2 of Finals
- Senior eliminations on Saturday
- Junior Grand Final on Sunday
- September 17 = Week 3 of Finals
- Senior Grand Final