Being the beginning of the season, and with new procedures in place, there are a number of work-ons.
SUMMARY OF WORK ONS FOR ROUND 1
Non-Player Team Roles. Each Team must have listed Coach, Manager and Ground Marshal.
- Please ensure each role has a separate individual for each role (i.e. no-one should be listed in the same team sheet occupying 2 roles)
- Ground Marshal is there to monitor overall side-line behaviour/experience, and support Match Officials where needed (e.g. serious injury, directing sent-off players to chairs etc).
Interchange Rules: Interchanges must be recorded in the match day app Please remember:
- Reserve Grade/Premier Grade = 8 interchanges per match
- Third Grade/Women = 12 interchanges per match
- Juniors = Unlimited interchange
Game On rules: For the 2022 season, the Game On rules apply to all Competition grades except Premier Men. In summary, Game On rules are to match numbers on-pitch (minimum 10 players) and compete for competition points. Match duration shortened, and number is scrums adjusted accordingly
Mercy Rule (Juniors): Mercy rule enacted at points differential of max. 66 points Team Admins are to cease scoring in RX (and on scoreboard) when this differential is reached.
- New dispensation requests by midday Tuesday for possible assessment same week
- Assessing Coach Reports by 10am Friday for review and assigning dispensation outcome to player
- Players under 18 years of age (born 2004, 2005 or 2006) who are registered to a Senior Club cannot play until they have completed any Dispensation Requirements. These players are ineligible until dispensation is approved – playing ineligible players will result in sanction to the team/club (including likely forfeit of match).
Link to RUSA Policies and Procedures: https://sa.rugby/competitions/seniors/rugby-administration