This program is designed to prepare our junior girls to play XVs rugby.
It is vital for the girls to be game ready and prepared for when they move into senior women's rugby and for those wanting to participate at state representative level. With women’s pathways opportunities opening up and recent selections from SA, this is the best time ever to start our junior girls academy.
Teaching girls the fundamental skills of rugby and having regular sessions allows players to have specific skill based training, provides them with the chance to develop and find their positions on the field. It's also a great opportunity for the girls to mix, make friends from other clubs and bring cohesion to the state teams.
The 9 week program is put together with the help of local coaches with games concluding each week.
- April 5 - Come and Try - Adelaide University, 5:30pm
- April 16 - North Torrens Rugby Club, 9am
- May 1 - Southern Suburbs Rugby Club, 7pm
- May 7 - Southern Suburbs Rugby Club, 9am
- May 21 - Barossa Rams Rugby Club, 9am
- June 2 - Woodville Rugby Club, 5:30pm
- June 5 - Southern Suburbs Rugby Club, 7pm
- June 18 - Port Adelaide Rugby Club, 9am
- July 2 - Brighton Rugby Club, 9am
- July 30 - Old Collegians Rugby Club, 9am
- August 13 - Onkaparinga Rugby Club, 9am
- August 27 - Adelaide University Rugby Club, 9am
To register for this program, you will need to use the Rugby Xplorer app and follow these steps (but change role from manager to player).
Cost is $16 which covers the girls for insurance purposes. If players register with a club, the insurance component will be deducted from their season registration fees.
In addition to the girls development program, we have the opportunity to play in Victoria over the Kings Birthday long-weekend. More details on this program will be released at training, but we are aiming to send an U14 & U16 girls team across.
All enquiries can be directed to email@example.com or 0478 025 827