Rugby Union SA held our AGM on Wednesday 15th May, announcing a $25K surplus for 2018.
Highlights for season 2018 included
* participation growth in club rugby;
* 16 teams participating in schools rugby;
* 8 clubs represented on Grand Final day;
* 651,400 minutes of live stream footage viewed;
* 11 Pathways Programs;
* U18s retaining the title of Division II Schoolboys Champions
* Black Falcons taking the title of Emerging States Champions
* 3 Women represented in the Super W competition
* Hosted Melbourne Rising v Brisbane City NRC game;
The election of Directors saw the continuation of service to Marcus Lodge. The vacant position was filled by newly appointed Mike Hayes who many would know as a current Referee. Both positions will be for three years and we welcome their continued contribution to our sport.
In addition to the new board positions the membership also voted to induct four new player Life Members, Ted Fidock OAM, Glen Millar OAM, Basil Scott and Roberto Sen as well as Peter Jones as a full Life Member. I would like to congratulate all inductees.
The AGM was closed, then club representatives were provided the opportunity to cover general business and give any updates; the general comments were around how good the community atmosphere was at games, away clubs supporting the home clubs, one club comment was the “It is like the good old days”.