Full finals venues and times have now been announced for both Juniors and Seniors.
Planning with State Government and local sporting clubs has been ongoing over the past few weeks as to where we can hold our finals safely, while still managing to be COVID compliant.
While we recognise that we need to do things differently this year, we still wanted to have our rugby clubs host the finals, similar to hosting a home game. The only way this could be done would be to have four matches per venue with time in-between so crowds and players can disperse between games in order to keep our venue numbers below 1,000 people per venue. The reason behind these three clubs being selected is the close proximity to each other if there is a need to back up for a different grade, at a different club and the fact they each have 4 change rooms. Similar situation in week 2.
We are also mindful that Grand Finals are, and will be, the pinnacle of the competition so we need to keep 4 games on Saturday, with 2 games being played on Friday night, so that crowd numbers are kept at 1,000 people. Games will continue to be spread out so that cleaning can occur between games.
Attendees at all venues are required to comply with each clubs COVID safe plan and the State Governments advice.
- When you are partaking in post-game celebrations or commiserations, ensure 1.5 metres distance is kept between you and others when possible.
- If you’re drinking an alcoholic beverage make sure you are seated and that you don’t dance with that drink otherwise it could cost you and your club an unnecessary fine.
- If you are planning any post-game presentations or gatherings make sure you do not breach the 1 person per 2sqm rule and if at a house remember that there are gathering limits of 50 people.
- Use hand sanitiser/wash your hands before and after you play.
- Take your own water bottle to your game.
- Make sure the equipment is wiped down before and after use.
- Stay home if you are unwell - your team will thank you for it later.
There’s no room for complacency.
Good luck to all of the players involved in finals this season.
Remember to stay COVID safe and if you need more COVID-19 information, visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au