Are you looking for an opportunity to take up an exciting new challenge, which will use and develop your existing knowledge, skills and life experiences?
South Australia Rugby Australia is the governing body of rugby union in the state and an exciting and dynamic place to work and grow your skills and experience.
The people and culture are what make us who we are and what we do.
We are an inclusive, collaborative, professional, diverse, dedicated team with a variety of skillsets and experience that come together every day for a common purpose.
Each member of our team is unique and valued for their different abilities, embracing a culture that is all about, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Teamwork.
SA Rugby Union also prides itself on being flexible; with our willingness to help our team in accommodating work and life balance and we have a goal to be an employer of choice.
We welcome enquiries, as we are constantly looking for talented people with the ability and motivation to advance our organisation and our sport.
We offer the following opportunities across a variety of disciplines in Digital, Marketing, Ticketing & Membership, Journalism - RUGBY.com.au, Partnerships, Community Rugby, Communications, Government Relations, High Performance, People & Culture, Events & Operations, Hospitality, Finance, People & Culture and Legal & Integrity.
As part of Rugby Australia we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to improving employment opportunities for Indigenous Australians.
Female Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Rugby Union SA is the peak body responsible for the management and growth of the sport of rugby union in South Australia. It services its member clubs and affiliates through the provision of competitions and operates development programs aimed at increasing the participation base of rugby in the state in traditional rugby XV and both contact and non-contact rugby sevens.
Purpose of the role:
- Develop and deliver consistent strategic solutions; particularly those underpinned with inclusion initiatives
- Work closely with Rugby Australia (RA) Community Rugby and implement nationally aligned community rugby programs to facilitate the delivery of key strategic business objectives in relation to retention, recruitment and education and provide talent pathways; particularly the objectives that drive female participation and other diversity groups.
- Work to achieve and maintain productive, progressive and harmonious relationships with key stakeholders, to help facilitate the delivery of the strategic planning outcomes.
- Recruitment, through well managed programs of female participants.
- The role will also include, but not limited to, working with other Member Unions, Rugby Clubs, Associations and Government Organisations in developing a framework for Diversity and Inclusion.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Set up clear lines of communications with all key stakeholders in the female space (including players, match officials, coaches and administration)
- Plan a comprehensive female engagement program
- Assist in the implementation of the Rugby Union SA’s club development strategy to improve the capacity of junior and senior rugby clubs
- Assist clubs with their retention strategy
- Complete reporting on programs to meet funding and acquittal requirements.
- Assist in the organisation of coach education programs.
- Periodically attend specific school sports expos.
This role will involve extended and out of office work time. Candidates need to be prepared for flexible work hours.
If this role excites you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 December, 2022.